As a registered NDIS service provider in Ipswich, InFocus are currently working with families to help them prepare for their first NDIS Planning Meeting.
The first planning meeting may appear daunting but we believe that as NDIS Service Providers in Brisbane, it is our role to help our families be as prepared as possible. We provide family support for children with complex disabilities in Brisbane and the greater Brisbane region and assist them with their transition to the NDIS.
Here are 5 ways that you can prepare for your meeting:
1. Understand what an NDIS Plan looks like – ask your Brisbane children’s disability support service provider to take you through this.
2. Work out the long-term and short-term goals you’d like to put in place for your child – your support worker can help you with this in your pre-planning meeting.
3. From here, consider how your child can achieve these goals and what supports they need.
4. Be able to communicate the current supports that your child has in place and whether they need any additional supports.
5. Do your research – as well as receiving advice from an organisation like InFocus who provide support for children with disabilities in Ipswich and the greater Brisbane region, do as much of your own research as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the roll out of the NDIS in Ipswich or Brisbane or about our services for children with disabilities in Ipswich or Brisbane, please call us for further information.